45mph: Bridge Closed to Double Decker Buses
60mph: Bridge Closed to all vehicles except Cars and Single Decker Buses. Central Walkway is Closed to Pedestrians and Cyclists
80mph: Bridge Closed to all Vehicles
We respectfully request that all drivers follow our restriction advice during periods of high wind. If you are driving a high sided vehicle then please do not cross when we are open to Cars and Single Decker Buses Only. This advice is for your safety and for the safety of all bridge users.
Permitted to cross:
- Cars without trailers
- Cars without loaded roof racks
- Transit van style – with no modifications or raised roof line and no loaded roof racks
- Single Decker Buses (defined as 11 ton 45-49 seats and low floor 9.5 ton 42 seats)
- Ambulances – This is dependant upon patient criticality and after liaison between Ambulance Control and the Operations Duty Supervisor at Bridge Control.
Not permitted to cross:
- High-sided rigid or articulated HGV’s – regardless whether empty or full
- Articulated or Rigid Tippers – regardless whether empty or full
- Tankers – regardless whether empty or full
- Car Transporters - regardless whether empty or full
- Furniture vans - regardless whether empty or full
- Luton vans - regardless whether empty or full
- Curtain sided vehicles - regardless whether empty or full
- Transit van style with modification or raised roof line
- Vehicles with trailers or caravans
- 3-wheeled cars
- Any other vehicle which appears, in the judgement of the Operations Duty Supervisor, to be at risk.
The Walkway is closed to all Pedestrians and Cyclists when the bridge is open to Cars and Single Decker Buses Only.